But, before you do, we break down the pros and cons of sheet masks and wash-off masks. By Grace Mantjiu
Sheet masks or wash-off masks: which one is right for you?:
Sheet masks pros:
- Easy no mess.
- They can be done regularly if you’re using the correct ones for your skin.
- Ideal for most skin types.
- Deeply hydrating.
Not ideal for deep cleansing.
May aggravate acne-prone skin.
Wash-off masks pros:
- Ideal for acne-prone, oily and dull skin.
- Thoroughly deep cleanses skin.
- Removes dead skin cells and impurities.
- Ensures optimal coverage.
- Work on other areas of the body such as the neck and body.
They can be very drying to the skin if it’s a mud mask.
- They can cause a mess when applying.
- They cannot be used daily.
- Requires post-application moisturiser.
- Not suitable for all skin types