thSave money and make your own homemade remedy with avocado, tea and more. It will leave your skin nourished as if you’ve been to a spa. A facial is needed at least once a month to help clear and repair the skin.
1. Cleansing – lemon juice + face wash + cotton wool. Cleanse your skin with a gentle face wash to get rid of the dirt and excess oil on your face. Dry your face and pat lemon juice with some thid th cotton wool on the dark spots and leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off. This will help lighten and brighten the spots. Beautician Elizna van Wyk says lemon juice contains antibacterial properties that will help open the pores on your skin, lighten dark spots and blemishes. The citric acid in the juice is good to fade dark spots and acne scars.
2. Exfoliate – rooibos tea + sugar + honey, Brew a pot of tea and let it cool. Mix a teaspoon of honey, a tablespoon of sugar with a cup of tea to make your exfoliator. Rub the exfoliator between your fingers and massage it gently onto the face in a circular motion. Do this for a full minute then rinse off with warm water. Scrubbing your face will help remove dead skin cells, skin that’s peeling off and help promote blood circulation, which will help plump up the skin. Use a wet face cloth to remove the scrub.
3. Hot Steam – boiling water + bowl + towel. Lean over a bowl with hot water to steam your face. Cover your head with a towel to ensure your whole face gets steamed. It is important to steam your face at least once a week to help unblock your pores and release waste.
4. Mask – avocado + 1 tablespoon cream/plain yoghurt + 2 eggs. Mash an avocado, cream and an egg to make your mask. Try this mixture to help repair, soften and moisturise the skin. A face mask is a great way to cleanse your pores, help clear pimples and soothe dry skin. Apply the paste on your face excluding your lips and eye area. Leave the mask on for 10-15minutes. Rinse the mask and pat dry with a towel. “The fats you get from an avocado have benefits to help improve the skin tone. They are important for maintaining a good, healthy and moisturised skin. The good fats will help protect your skin from wrinkles and others visible signs of ageing,” says Elizna.
SEE ALSO: 3 different types of face masks
5. Moisturise. Apply your moisturiser on your face, ears and neck. This will help prevent your skin from drying out. Find the correct moisturiser to suit your skin type to help keep the natural oil levels low.