Generations: The Legacy actress Pearl Monama lets us in on her celebrity crush, biggest regret and other interesting things about her. By Kwanele Mathebula
1. The last picture I took with my phone was of dancer Lulu Mlangeni at the Market Theatre.
2. In my free time, I go to the gym.
3. The most interesting thing about me is that I am shy.
5. The one thing I miss about my childhood is having no responsibility.
6. My celebrity crush is actor Aubrey Poo.
7. The best and worst purchases I’ve ever made were my car and faux locks hairpiece.
SEE ALSO: 5 minutes with Trompies
8. A body part that I wouldn’t mind losing is my hair because I can always grow it back.
9. The one thing I’m most looking forward to is what’s next. I am excited to constantly be doing something new.
10. The most memorable performance I’ve watched was a theatre production called A New Song. The character was a little slow, but it was a great production.
11. I deal with failure by crying. I then get up because I can’t allow myself to wallow in self-pity.
12. The one thing I’ve learnt about the entertainment industry is that it is cold. You can’t lean on people or trust them to have your back.
13. My biggest regret is to not believe in myself.
14. A TV role I would most like to play would be of a drug addict.
SEE ALSO: 5 minutes with Moonchild Sanelly
15. The best advice I’ve ever received was to believe what people say until it sinks in.
16. My bucket list includes bungee jumping and swimming with dolphins.
17. My ideal guest list for a dinner party includes former US first lady Michelle Obama and flamboyant entertainer Somizi Mhlongo.
SEE ALSO: 5 minutes with Sibusile Xaba
18. My greatest indulgence is sugar, ice cream with caramel sauce and nuts.
19. The best gift I’ve ever received is my body and the gift of performance.