Prep time: 10minutes
Cooking time: 20minutes
- 2 Salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup couscous, cooked
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt & pepper to serve
- Savoury rice to serve
- Green beans to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- In a bowl, combine ingredients together. Spoon and smear over fish steaks.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with rice and green beans immediately.
Amanda is the sister of famous musician, Nathi Mankayi and has just released her first single titled Intonga Yami. Here she chats to us about her favourite meal and how her mother taught her how to cook.
1.Name three great meals you enjoy cooking?
Roast lamb, chicken curry and isonka samanzi.
2. You’re stranded on a desert island. What three foods would you want with you?
My chocolate slab, chocolate slab and chocolate slab. I am chocoholic.
3. Who did you learn the most about cooking from?
My mother is the best.
4. What main ingredients do you think every home should have in the cupboard?