The struggle to get back into work mode is real! Here are some tips to help you inject energy and focus into your work routine after the holidays…
For most of us, the summer holidays are over and it’s back to reality.
1. Sleep off the job. Struggling to keep your eyes open at work? If you’ve been staying up late and sleeping in over the holidays, getting back into a healthy sleep routine is going to be key to starting your work day right and staying focused on the job.
Try switching off electronics, dimming lights and using calming prompts – like soothing music and a relaxing bath or shower – to help you establish an earlier bedtime routine.
2. Eat breakfast. You can’t drive on an empty fuel tank, so likewise, don’t expect your body to run on empty until lunchtime. Enjoy a nutritious breakfast, like cooked oats with cinnamon, a sprinkle of raw unsalted nuts and a drizzle of honey, before you run out the door – or pack a grab-and-run breakfast the night before.
3. Pack snacks. You won’t hit an energy slump or be tempted by the vending machine if you have packed healthy and enjoyable snacks for the office.
Air popped popcorn is a great replacement for chips (just watch the salt), fresh fruit is naturally sweet and full of fibre and plain yoghurt is not only a great source of calcium, it packs a protein punch that will help keep you feeling full for longer.
4. Get some air. A stuffy office is bound to make you feel listless. Open those windows to let fresh air in and try getting out of the office during your lunch break for an energising walk.
SEE ALSO: The cost of skipping work
5. Have a laugh. Post-holiday blues are real and if they’re rife in your office, it’s time to lift the mood. A funny email, story or a joke shared with co-workers can go a long way. In fact, sharing a little happiness could be contagious, according to a 20-year study of friends. Researchers found that one person’s happiness triggers a chain reaction that positively benefits friends and friends-of-friends for up to one year.
In another study, Finnish and British researchers found that laughing increases the release of feel-good, energy-boosting endorphins and fosters a spirit of togetherness – great for boosting teamwork.
We hope that these tips help you take the schlep out of getting back into work mode.
The post How to get back into a healthy work routine after the holidays appeared first on All4Women.