Keeping the kids entertained during the lockdown period can be made easier and fun with these wonderful online resources for kids.
Here are 5 oline learning resources for kids:
1. The national department of basic education has complied online resources to assist home learning.
#Covid19SA We've put together online resources to support learning at home during the #21daysLockdown. Visit our website https://t.co/7WwPVDOJXV to access these resources, including tips on dealing with homework and extending learning at home @ElijahMhlanga pic.twitter.com/4SXyDy7yXS
— Dep. Basic Education (@DBE_SA) March 24, 2020
2. The KZN department of education has organised radio lessons.
— KZN Education (@DBE_KZN) March 29, 2020
3. The KZN department also has a FUNDA mobile portal.
— KZN Education (@DBE_KZN) March 27, 2020
4. Vodacom has created an e-learning school that provides free and zero-rated materials for grades R to 12.
#ConnectingForGood: When it comes to shaping young minds for learning, every bit of support helps. Which is why Vodacom e-School offers FREE lessons, worksheets and more in subjects from Grade R to 12. Find out more here: https://t.co/wict7s6Wrf pic.twitter.com/8Sh0jqdVnM
— Vodacom (@Vodacom) February 28, 2020
SEE ALSO: 5 books to read during the lockdown
5. Smart Kids for kids provides resources for kids and the parents taking on schooling at home. It provides relevant, South African educational material based on the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS). The series is aimed at developing young learners’ skills in Languages and Mathematics in a fun and interactive way.
6. Letterland covers all the 44 sounds in the English language and their major recurring spelling patterns. The step-by-step guides for Pre-K through Grade Two and core teaching resources provide everything you need for direct phonics instructions.