Truman & Orange, Cape Town based premium spirits company, has announced the launch of SPYTAIL™ Black Ginger Rum in South Africa.
SPYTAIL™ Black Ginger Rum is a premium spiced rum, imported from France. Based on a 19th Century French tradition of ageing Caribbean Rum with fresh ginger and spices in the barrels, SPYTAIL™ is distilled in the Caribbean and then aged, spiced and blended at a small family distillery in the Cognac region of France.
SPYTAIL™ is a deep amber colour rum with a spicy ginger nose and is sweet and velvety on the palate with a a deliciously long rich finish. SPYTAIL™ offers you a delicious rum experience and you will embark on a Voyage Extraordinare whether you choose to drink it neat, on the rocks or in a rum-based cocktail.
The name SPYTAIL™ is inspired by the legendary submarines of old and the bottle’s round shape is based on a Bathysphere (a primitive form of submarine). In fact, the distillery where SPYTAIL™ is made, is located near the river Charente where some of the world’s first submarines were built and tested. The house legend states that the distillers found sketches of an underwater vessel called ‘Spytail’ and this is how SPYTAIL™ was given its name.
SPYTAIL™ celebrates the French deep-sea pioneers and the submarines within which they plunged to terrifying new depths. France has a long tradition of pioneering the oceans in both fact and fiction – from the world’s first mechanical submarine (it was called “Le Plongeur” and was tested on the Charente River near the SPYTAIL™ distillery) to Jules Verne’s “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” and of course Jacques Cousteau’s numerous exploits and innovations. Today, France continues to be a pioneering force in the exploration of the earth’s last undiscovered frontier.
The SPYTAIL™ bottle has a porthole embossed on the front and back and hidden within it are the co-ordinates of the final resting place of Jules Vernes. The navy blue and orange striped label, based on a French Naval signal flag, is adorned with engineering details from original submarine designs. The heavy stopper is crafted from metal and embossed with the words “Voyages Extraordinaires” – a nod to underwater adventurers.
Elwyn Gladstone, the global brand owner of SPYTAIL™ explains: “The heritage of SPYTAIL™, stand out packaging, French craftsmanship and expert rum blending has resulted in an exceptional product that brings something very exciting and new to the burgeoning super-premium rum category. Also, we’re seeing that ginger is becoming a seriously popular flavour among cocktail consumers – Moscow Mules, Dark & Stormy and premium ginger beer are all booming and we think that a delicious Black Ginger Rum is going to fit right in. We can’t wait to get SPYTAIL™ out to thirsty drinkers and look forward to shipping it to ports around the world.”
“We are excited to have an opportunity to introduce SPYTAIL™ Black Ginger Rum to the South African rum drinker. The premium rum category in South Africa has been waiting for a bold and disruptive offer for some time now and we are looking forward to SPYTAIL™ embarking on this journey. Internationally, rum has been enjoying a glorious come back and is believed to be the next hottest category following the recent gin revolution – we can’t wait to see SPYTAIL™ change the way rum is perceived in SA” says Rowan Leibbrandt of Truman & Orange.
SPYTAIL™ is available nationwide in the liquor stores and bars and restaurants. It is available in a 750 ml bottle, with 43% Vol. Alc. and will be priced at approximately R350/ bottle.
To win a bottle, follow us on Twitter and then fill in the form below.
[gravityform id=”107″ title=”false” description=”false”]
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Competition closes on the 31st of July 2017.
- There is a limit of five entries per user.
- No under 18s are allowed to enter.
- The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email on the 1st of August 2017.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
- Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
- The competition is open to South African residents only.
- The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
- The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
- Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
- Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
- When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles.