Did you know that fragrance doesn’t carry as far in colder weather providing you with great reasons to change your perfume for winter! Here are some other things you need to know about wearing perfume this season…
One of the best things about the change in season is changing up your fragrance to match. Winter is the ideal time to indulge in delicious, decadent fragrances.
Here are a few reasons you need to change your perfume for winter. You can thank us later!
1. Butter up. Fragrance already needs to work harder in winter – the least you can do is make things easier. Ensure your skin is well moisturised with an oil-rich body cream or butter. Perfume sprayed onto well-moisturised skin will last much longer.
SEE ALSO: 7 tips to make your perfume last longer
2. Dress your layers in fragrance. Fragrance layering changes in winter. I like to spritz on perfume when I’m fully dressed, making sure every layer gets a hint of scent. This way your scent envelops you as you move around throughout the day. The covered up nature of winter clothing tends to cover most of your skin anyway, so you’re better off spritzing your clothing if you want to be surrounded by a gentle cloud of scent.
3. Dig a little deeper. Fragrance doesn’t carry as far or as long in winter, so it’s the ideal time to dust off that deeper, more intense perfume you have stashed away at the bottom of your drawer. Since our body temperatures drop and we perspire less in winter, perfume smells less intense which allows for these extra indulgences.
SEE ALSO: Fragrance trends to try this winter
4. A matter of taste. Just as you have a preference for different foods, fabrics and activities in winter, you’ll likely also prefer a different scent.
The type of scent you prefer depends from one person to the next – it can range from warm and comforting to spicy and sensual.
Winter scents to try
If you’re up for something a little out of the ordinary, try one of these winter fragrances:
- Narciso Rodriguez EDP – musky
- Thierry Mugler Alien – spicy ginger
- Tom Ford Black Orchid – intense floral
- Armani Si – robust fruity floral
The post How (and why) you need to change your perfume for winterappeared first on All4Women.