In 1691, the Farm Laborie was granted to French Huguenot, Isaac Taillefert. Already the owner of the neighbouring Picardie, Taillefert placed Laborie in his son Jean’s name. Together, they set about clearing the bush and planting vines, and within seven years, were producing a drinkable wine. In fact, it was the opinion of a Frenchman, Leguat, who visited the Cape in 1698, that their wine was “the best in the colony and similar to our small wines of Champagne”.
With their knowledge of French viticultural techniques, the Taillefert family laid a solid foundation of vineyards and outstanding wine production that is evident, over three hundred years later, in Laborie’s wines of distinction.
Laborie offers a versatile range of beautifully handcrafted wines made in the same elegant French style for more than 300 years. Our timeless selection allows you to experience the enjoyment of a grande way of life.
This gift pack includes:
- 6 x bottles Laborie Méthode Cap Classique
- 6 x Crystal Champagne Flutes
- 1 x Bubbly Stopper
- 1 x Rose Gold Ice Bucket
THIS COMPETITION IS CLOSED.
- Competition closes on 8 November 2019.
- You must be 18 and older to enter.
- You must follow us on Twitter to qualify for the competition.
- The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
- Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
- The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
- The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
- Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
- Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
- Winners are to arrange own transport to and from the event.
- When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles.