A first date can be quite daunting and the thought of choosing the perfect outfit just adds to that ever-mounting pressure. Gold Series PerfumesBrand Manager, Geraldine Augustine-Darwood says: ‘An outfit says a lot about your personality and unique style, and it doesn’t stop there – choosing a memorable scent for a first encounter is just as important for defining yourself as fashion and fragrance go hand in hand with who you are.’
The first tip is to always consider the location and time of the date. It could be a coffee date, a dinner or even a casual stroll. No matter what your plans, these style tips will have you feeling confident, smelling great and looking incredible.
Style tips for Her:
- Rely on your go-to looks. Always best to wear something you have worn before, so you know that you will feel comfortable and confident
- Wear a simple pendant necklace or even a unique piece of jewellery that might act as a conversation starter
- A scent to remember you by – be sure to select your favourite fragrance so your first impression speaks to two senses: sight and smell. The Gold Series Perfume Range caters for every woman, from classic to contemporary, so no matter where you will be, Gold Series has you covered.
- Don’t go overboard with the accessories, keep your look simple
- Avoid any new items of clothing, as there is no need to worry about spilling or messing on your brand-new dress – this will just add more stress to the date. Along with that, there is a chance that new clothing might not feel comfortable or have the perfect fit
- Be sure you’re dressing how you normally would when you go out – it’s important to not come across as someone different.
Style tips for Him:
- Black is a safe choice for a first date as it’s neutral, slimming and masculine. It can easily be combined with softer colours like creams, greys, and blues.
- Keep your accessories to a minimum. A simple watch or cuff is the way to go
- Finish it all off with the perfect cologne, attraction has been proven to be linked to the way someone smells. Just make sure you don’t overdo it with the application. For a fresh and modern scent, adding Gold Series First Edition Eau de Toilette to your neck and wrists will leave a lingering impression.
- Avoid any items that are too baggy, bold or loud. Unless your first date is a walk on the beach, leave your open-toed shoes at home. If you want to stay casual, a classic, well-cared for pair of sneakers or loafers is the way to go.
- Avoid your gym attire. On a third or fourth run-in-the-park date you are welcome to wear sweats and t-shirts, but on a first date it’s absolutely a no go. Your lifestyle may be health and fitness driven, but the last thing you want is the impression that you don’t know how to dress for the respective occasion.
Bonus Tip: Don’t overthink it, relax and breathe. If you have selected a tried and tested outfit that is date and time appropriate, all you need to do is be yourself and just have fun so you can get through the butterflies of the first date and, if you like your date, even land you a second one!