One of the best musical ensemble bands in South Africa, Freshlyground is taking to the stage at the phenomenal NIROX Sculpture Park amphitheatre in Joburg on Saturday the 28th of November.
Freshlyground’s unique blend of afro-pop and folk roots music have resonated with audiences around the world. Their performance at NIROX Sculpture Park will be a chance for fans to see the band showcase a different side of their repertoire – a special programme tailored to the rural ambience of the venue.
This will be the last show at the venue this year so you don’t want to miss it.
Opening for the band will be the hugely popular musician & author, Nakhane Touré. As well as the Skorokoro Ensemble – a quartet of street musicians from Soweto who combine Afrocentric rhythms and vocals with percussive elements made of repurposed & recycled materials – aluminium buckets and tin cups to kreepy-krawly pipes and homemade shakers.
You can win a ticket for yourself and a partner to watch the show.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The giveaway closes at midnight on November 23 2015.
- There is a limit of five entries per user.
- The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email by 25 November 2015.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
- Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
- The competition is open to South African residents only.
- The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
- The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
- Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
- Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
- When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles.