After the success of our Trends High Tea, L’Oréal brand P.R coordinator, Christine Mntambo talks to us about her take on Spring/Summer trends.
What are the beauty trends to look out for the spring/summer season this year?
- Bright lips, step out of the box and have fun with your lip colour, it’s all about translating the trend to suit your lifestyle and skin.
- Cut the clutter with your make up, as flawless natural looking skin is the in thing, so you need dual purpose products like a BB with a high SPF.
- If eyes are your focus point, beautiful graphic eye liner is the way to go so invest in a felt tip eye liner.
What are the lip colours to try for the warmer seasons?
Different shades of orange and fuchsia (rosy-pink), remember it’s all about making the trend suit you. Try the new L’Oréal Paris Color Riche Extraordinaire, R149.95 for high shine lips, moisture and a colour that lasts.
Which Celebrities should we be keeping our eyes on for great summer/spring tips?
I’m embarrassed to say I don’t look at celebrities, I want something to be real to me. So I follow pages and blogs with real women.
What is the best skin tip to give a matured woman?
Embrace your maturity and nurture your glow, there is nothing sexier than a woman who glows in their age.
How do you keep your skin healthy during summer/spring?
Sunscreen all year round! Take time out to understand your skin, get a consultation and learn your skin needs.
Liquid vs powder foundation, which one should we be playing with this summer?
- Depends on what you look for in a foundation, if coverage is what you want then go for a liquid foundation.
- Powder foundations are more for oily skin, so first go for a consultation and buy what best suits your needs.
Find out what Fashion trends BONA is predicting for Summer 2014 here