Who doesn’t love good beauty tips? With so many of them to choose from, it can be hard to decide which beauty hack to try out first. We’ve put together some of our favourite beauty hacks that are simple and effective.
1. Try using apple cider vinegar as a toner. We know how annoying oily skin can get, but the good news is that there is a way to manage it. Some people choose not to use moisturiser to avoid making their skin oilier but not using one will trick your skin into producing more oil. For hydrated skin, apply apple cider vinegar mixed with water after you wash your face. Once your skin is dry you can apply your moisturiser. Using vinegar will prevent your skin from producing more oil.
2. Get rid of cracked lips with honey. Low temperatures are one of the common causes of cracked lips. Having cracked or dry lips can be uncomfortable but trying out this natural remedy will give your lips the moisture boost they need. Mix a tablespoon of olive oil, a tablespoon honey and a tablespoon of sugar in a bowl and stir well. Massage the lip balm onto your lips for 2 minutes, then wipe it off with a cloth. Once removed, your lips will be soft and noticeably hydrated.
3. Use a paper towel to blot oil from your face. Using a paper towel to remove oil from your face is a quick and convenient way to keep your face oil-free. Just press a sheet of paper and pat gently but firmly against the shiny areas on your face. Parts of the face that are known to get oily are the nose, forehead and chin. Avoid touching your face because hands tend to carry a lot of bacteria that could trigger a breakout.
4. Use Vaseline to make your perfume last longer. Rub Vaseline on areas you know you’ll be spraying your perfume on. Perfume last longer on moist skin as opposed to dry skin. If you’re big on smelling great all day, use a fragranced body wash and a perfumed body lotion as well. Your skin will be left smoothed, moisturised and fragranced.
5. Don’t spray perfume directly on to your hair. Spraying perfume that contains alcohol directly on your hair can dry it out. Rather spray the fragrance onto your hairbrush before combing it through your hair. This will give your hair a light scent without causing any damage.
Follow these tips to look, feel and smell your best.