Your smokey eye should not leave you with dark rims from the eyeshadow that flaked off during application. Follow these easy steps to achieve your ultimate smokey eye.
Four easy steps:
- Apply the lightest eye shadow colour across your entire eyelid, up to your eyebrows then smudge lightly.
- Blend the second colour from the lash line to the crease of your eyelid to create a beautiful colour gradient.
- Apply the darker colour along your upper lashes and around the crease of your eyelid and then smudge softly.
- Then apply the darkest colour along your lower lashes and blend from the outer edge of your lashes inwards.
- Complete the look by applying eyeliner along the rim of the eye and mascara to lengthen your lashes.
The following local celebrities show us how to switch up a normal smokey eye.
A classic smokey eye look is always paired with a red lipstick. This is a timeless trend that can be worn during the day and taking into a night event. Using a deeper red or maroon is a great look to try as it will keep the focus on the eye area and not lips.
It’s no secret that Ms Mbau has big eyes and she shows us how one can use a smokey eye to make your eyes smaller. Applying dark eyeshadow pass the crease of the eye will make the eyelid appear smaller.
Keep your face and lips natural for a subtle look. This will avoid having a colour clash on the face. This smokey eye can be paired with any hairstyle and outfit.
Wing your dark shadow for a daring look. Keep the top eye area (from brows to crease) and finish off the wing with a liquid eyeliner.
Pair your dark shadow with a shimmer shade on the inner corner of the eye. This can be a gold or silver shadow.