Taste the Lifestyle at the Robertson Wine Valley’s fourteenth annual Wacky Wine Weekend showcasing more than 40 wine estates, boutique wineries and tourism establishments from the Ashton, Bonnievale, McGregor and Robertson region. This much-loved family-friendly event takes place from 1-4 June 2017. Warm up this winter with award-winning wines through tutored tastings by winemakers, cellar tours and wine pairings. Expect to be entertained with live music, outdoor sports, arts & craft stalls, variety of country cuisines and family fun!
The event takes place at multiple wineries and tourism establishments, each showcasing a feast of unique activities planned. Expect a line-up to suit the fun-seeker, novice or wine connoisseur. Most are included in your weekend pass; others work on a pay as you go system.
Buy your ticket through WebTickets (available from the end of March); choose the winery that will be your first stop. When you arrive, exchange your WebTicket at your first stop for your Wacky Passport consisting of your wine glass, water bottle, wristband, programme and coupons. Guests will be able to use the coupon system to enjoy 6 free tastings at each participating winery.
Zero-Tolerance Policy Towards Drinking and Driving
Robertson Wine Valley supports the use of wine in a responsible manner. As part of our commitment to bringing you a safe festival, a zero-tolerance policy will be upheld with regards to drinking and driving. There are numerous transport options available on the website where festival goers can book transport in advance or book a taxi on the weekend. Day in and out trips via a bus or shuttle, shuttles or car bookings to take you around over the weekend, taxi services or make use of our designated drivers. The valley’s Traffic Department will act where necessary. Oblige by the traffic rules by not parking on the roads but at the designated parking areas.
Social Media – Hashtags and Handles
#WackyWineWeekend / #TastetheLifestyle / #TasteResponsibly / #CountryLife / #CelebrateRobertson
Where to stay
Accommodation is listed on the website: www.robertsonwinevalley.com and last minute accommodation will be available on the Wacky Wine website from May.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Transport is not provided
- Competition closes on the 8th of May 2017.
- There is a limit of five entries per user.
- No under 18s are allowed to enter.
- The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email on the 10th of May 2017.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
- Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
- The competition is open to South African residents only.
- The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
- The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
- Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
- Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
- When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles.