The ultimate Valentine’s Day weekend will be presented for the very first time with the all new Plus 1 Festival that will be taking place from 17 to 19 February 2017 at the recently refurbished La Paris Estate in Franschhoek with its spectacular views and rolling green laws.
This “festival of love” can be attended for the entire weekend or just for one of the three days, with a fantasy themed “Happily Ever After Party” presented like never before. The theme is inspired by the idea of marriage and how a couple who make these vows to one another chooses to be with the one that stole their heart “till death do us part” for a lifetime of happiness. Therefore, the ultimate fairytale.
Those attending can expect live performances from top local acts like GoodLuck, Euphonik, Mi Casa and The Kiffness, and for the very first time in South Africa, DJ Lovebirds from Berlin will be performing to play a special set.
As the Plus 1 Festival will be celebrated as a marriage between contemporary Art and her groom, sexy Music, over twenty of South African original artworks will also be displayed in the winery, turned into a gallery for the weekend. Furthermore, another five talented artists created five large art installations that will be placed across the picturesque estate as a symbol of love. Examples of this will include a “Steam Punk Bride” installation at the dam, as well as an almost six meter tall Eifel Tower.
Says Greg Lipton, Plus 1 Festival Director: “This all new festival invites discerning party goers from all over SA and the world to come to one of the most beautiful settings on earth in order to get lost in this enchanted playground – effectively, when Art marries Music, everyone over 21 is invited!
He adds that as Art and Music are stylish and fashion forward, those that attend should plan their outfits wisely. “Fantasy Friday is the Stag and Hen parties, so prepare for all kinds of sexy. Saturday will be the big Celebration, while Sunday is Funday to picnic and chillax,” Lipton says.
Costumes for Fantasy Friday should be a sexy expression of self, while outfits for the marriage on Saturday can be inspired by a variety of cultures and how they celebrate weddings. For Funday (on Sunday), the more outrageous, louder, artistic and original, the better.
Lipton concludes: “This is going to be the ultimate happily ever after event ever. Picture a mixture of romance and spectacle to the max as only a Disney film directed by Quentin Tarantino would be. That is only a hint of what to expect.”
To win tickets to the festival, follow us on Twitter and fill in the form below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- This event is closed to persons under the age of 21.
- Competition closes on the 12th of February 2017.
- There is a limit of five entries per user.
- The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email on the 13th of February 2017.
- Transport will not be provided so only those in the Western Cape can enter.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
- Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
- The competition is open to South African residents only.
- The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
- The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
- Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
- Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
- When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles.