Similac Mom® on the basics of breastfeeding
Many Pregnant women have concerns on whether they will succeed in breastfeeding or if they will produce enough milk. For first time mothers breastfeeding can be a harrowing experience, but it is a learned skill, help is at hand from your doctor, midwife, nurse or healthcare professionals.
When it comes to feeding your baby it’s important to know and understand the benefits of breast milk:
- Breast milk contains the perfect balance of nutrients to help your baby fight infection and common child illness
- Breast milk is convenient, always available and is delivered at the right temperature
- Breastfeeding helps stimulate your uterus to return to its pre-pregnant state
- Breastfeeding reduces the risk of breast cancer
Breast milk is all your baby needs in its first four to six months of life, but you need to continue eating a well-balanced diet because what you eat or drink may affect both you and your baby. To ensure that you have the right amount of nutrients, try adding Similac® Mom to your daily diet. Similac® Mom is a complete nutritional* low-fat milk-based maternal supplement shake, containing 23 essential vitamins and minerals, protein, DHA (omega-3 fatty acid), and prebiotics. It is scientifically formulated to support your increased nutritional needs during pregnancy and breastfeeding, all your need is one to two servings per day.
While you focus on being a mom you can rest assured that by taking Similac® Mom you are doing the best not just for yourself but also for your baby right from the very beginning. Similac® Mom aids in the following²:
- Low-fat, low calorie, helps manage weight during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
- Helps build your immune defences
- Supports healthy digestion
- Helps reduce the risk of iron deficiency anaemia
- Vitamin D and FOS, a prebiotic, have been shown to improve calcium absorption
- Improved calcium absorption ensuring sufficient calcium is available to support the development of your baby’s bones.
- Provides nutrients to support the development of your child’s brain
- Folic acid helps reduce the risk of neural tube defects
“Similac® Mom is an easy and convenient way to ensure a complete nutritional solution for expecting as well as for breastfeeding moms It is really important for moms to look after themselves and to acknowledge that they also require additional support to ensure that they are happy and healthy”, says Angela Russell, General Manager at Abbott Nutrition.
Similac® Mom is available at all major pharmacies, selected retail outlets as well as online shopping.
To win this incredible hamper. Simply follow us on Twitter and then fill in the form below.
Terms & Conditions
- Competition closes on the 18th of August 2017.
- There is a limit of five entries per user.
- The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by e-mail.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
- Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
- The competition is open to South African residents only.
- The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
- The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
- Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
- Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
- When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles.