The Wixworth journey began with a desire to create a unique South African gin. We explored the gin-making methods and recipes dating back to the 17th century, which inspired us to create a gin that we could call our own. A gin that embraced tried-and-tested techniques and ingredients, but one that stayed true to its roots. This is the spirit of “being a classic”.
A distinctive taste made to celebrate every occasion.
Handcrafted from six botanicals, Wixworth evokes the subtle flavours and aromas that are unmistakably South African. It’s an exquisitely balanced, delicately fragranced gin, that is crisp and dry with a dominant juniper flavour, hints of spice, and nuanced citrus notes.
At the heart of Wixworth is a unique natural ingredient that puts a spin on a traditional dry gin. The sundried leaves of the indigenous renosterbos (dicerothamnus rhinocerotis) render a refreshing, herbaceous infusion that awakens a unique sensory experience of vast South African vistas.
A classic serving perfectly poised to shake up your social life.
There’s nothing that raises the spirits quite like Wixworth. Whether you’re savouring it in the comfort of your home or the surroundings of your favourite holiday destination, a Wix & Tonic is a simple, yet sophisticated way to celebrate any occasion.
Wix & Tonic:
- 50ml Wixworth Gin
- 200ml plain Tonic Water
- Garnish with a wheel of lime
Lime, not lemon! Adding a lime wheel to the mix instantly enhances Wixworth’s natural orange peel flavours.
Protecting a classic
We are passionate about conserving all that makes us original and dedicated to the survival of all things classically South African. Our rhinos are very much a part of what makes South Africa unique, and the conservation of this beautiful species is a cause that lies very close to our hearts.
We believe that saving endangered rhinos from extinction is something to which we can collectively raise a glass. For every bottle sold, Wixworth contributes a percentage to stoprhinopoaching.com, so you can feel happy that you are not only buying something special but that you are also giving back to a good cause. Follow Wixworth Gin on Facebook and Instagram for more information.
Enter this competition to stand a chance to win a Wixworth Gin hamper valued at R 2 000 which includes:
- 1 x Boules set
- 1 x blanket
- 1 x Wixworth gin with glass
- A set of 4 branded crystal glasses
THIS COMPETITION IS CLOSED.
- Competition closes on 28 February 2020.
- You must 18 and above to qualify for this competition.
- You must follow us on Twitter to qualify for the competition.
- The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
- Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
- The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
- The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
- Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
- Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
- Winners are to arrange own transport to and from the event.
- When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles.