This year, the team at DStv Delicious International Food and Music Festival have outdone themselves by adding even more flavour and a world class line-up to celebrate Heritage Weekend at the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit on the 21st and 22nd of September.
International megastars Raphael Saadiq, Corinne Bailey Rae and a host of artists from Kalawa Jazmee Records (to be announced) will perform live on the Delicious Main Stage in what is being tipped as the biggest DStv Delicious International Food and Music Festival to date.
If you need a living definition of delicious music, look no further than Corinne Bailey Rae who is consistent proof of that. The RnB / Soul legend was the fourth female artist in British history to have her first album debut at number one. She will be one of the main acts on Saturday, 21 September at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit.
Also, on Saturday, 21st September festival goers will celebrate 25 Years of Kalawa Jazmee Records on the Delicious Main Stage. This record label has not only defined culture these last 25 years, but its music and artists have played an integral role in each of our South African lives. South African’s always knew what time it is with Boom Shaka, and they boldly told abuti to “bula boot” with Thebe. There are memories of Uhuru, Mafikizolo, Brothers of Peace, and so many more of the Kalawa Jazmee Records’ artists ingrained in the identity held as a nation, and as individuals.
It is with great joy and honour that the record label and some of these culture-shifting, heritage-influencing acts will be closing off the Delicious Main Stage in a true celebration of the South Africa we love.
Other carefully handpicked performances on the Delicious Main Stage on Saturday, 21st September are the Ralf Gum All Stars featuring Monique Bingham, Mafikizolo, Kafele Bandele, Portia Monique, Ayanda Jiya, Bongi Mvuyana, Joseph Junior, and Nivalito.
View this post on Instagram
You asked and we listened. The OFFICIAL LINEUP for #DStvDelicious International Food and Music Festival Presented by Samsung is here and we’re just as excited as you! Get ready for the hottest local and international artists, including @corinnebaileyrae, @tiwasavage, @raphael_saadiq, @shekhinahd, @miss_lira to name a few! 🔥 Who are you looking forward to seeing most? Get your tickets – link in bio #HearDelicious #DeliciousFest #DeliciousFestival #Delicious #FeedYourSenses #music #food #foodie #entertainment #musicfestival #foodandmusic
The Sunday Delicious Main Stage line-up will include Ralf Gum All Stars, the “Suited” smash-hit singer Shekinah, the ever graceful Lira, and Tortured Soul featuring Lisa Shaw will bring us to our feet with their hits “Don’t Hold Me Down” and “Enjoy It Now”.
Headlining the show on Sunday 22nd September is the phenomenal artist with a deep contemporary creative vision – the epic singer, songwriter, guitarist and producer Raphael Saadiq. With an impeccable past of multi-faceted creation and soul-evolution this hugely gifted musician will no doubt pull on your heartstrings.
The music doesn’t begin and end on the Delicious Main Stage. DStv Delicious International Food and Music Festival has partnered up with Red Bull to bring you the Red Bull presents the Delicious Dance Arena. The Dance Arena performances will be announced soon.
THIS COMPETITION IS CLOSED.
- Competition closes on 13 September 2019.
- You must follow us on Twitter to qualify for the competition.
- The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
- Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
- The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
- The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
- Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
- Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
- Winners are to arrange own transport to and from the event.
- When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles.