It’s Women’s Month and we love celebrating women writers.
We are giving away 5 copies of Gold Diggers, signed by author Sue Nyathi.
Gold Diggers is set in 2008 when Zimbabwe was at the height of its economic crisis. A group of passengers huddled in a Toyota Quantum embark on a treacherous expedition to Johannesburg, historically known as the City of Gold.
The passengers on the bus each carry their burdens and expectations as they make the dangerous passage to what they believe is a better life, an escape from the challenges they faced in Zimbabwe.
In their minds, the streets of Johannesburg are paved with gold, but they will have to dig deep to get close to any gold and they will dirty themselves in the process.
Sue Nyathi was born and raised in Bulawayo and resides in Johannesburg. She works as an investment analyst by day and a storyteller to her son at night. She says she writes to escape the reality of financial markets and economic shop talk.
She made her screenwriting debut on the award-winning e.tv series Matatiele. Her first novel, The Polygamist, was published in 2012, readers can look forward to its film adaptation in 2019.
THIS COMPETITION IS CLOSED.
Terms & Conditions
1. Competition closes on the 31 August 2018
2. There is a limit of five entries per user.
3. The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email.
4. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
6. Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
7. The competition is open to South African residents only.
8. The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
19. The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
10. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
11. Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
12. Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
13. When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles