In November 2018, Orlando Pirates launched a limited edition adidas jersey that has become the third shirt launched in the 2018/19 season.
As with the previous season’s home and away shirts, the new third jersey recalls iconic shirts from the Club’s rich past, with a classic white-on-white colour scheme that features a black and white Orlando Pirates logo.
The Buccaneers are one of only two South African teams and are also the first to lift the CAF Champions League, albeit having last played in the tournament in 2013 following a magical run that ended in defeat in the final.
Orlando Pirates celebrated 80 years of existence in 2018, and they found themselves in CAF Champions League for the first time in five years. “To celebrate a competition which we hold so dear, we have brought back a jersey which resembles the one that set the tone for one of the greatest eras in the club’s history,” said Tokoloho Moeketsi, Orlando Pirates Brand Activation Manager.
Bob Maphosa, Sports Marketing Manager for adidas SA said, “Orlando Pirates’ third kit is a modern take on some of the club’s legendary jerseys. It’s a great look for a Club that has such a rich history, yet constantly reinventing itself to maintain the highest standards of performance.”
The limited edition third jersey is available at adidas concept stores and select sports retailers across the country at a retail price of R799 (men) and R699 (ladies). Fans can also pre-order at the Orlando Pirates Shop at Orlando Stadium and online at piratesshop.co.za.
For more information, follow the @adidasZA @adidasfootball conversation on Instagram.
THIS COMPETITION IS CLOSED.
Terms and Conditions
- Competition closes on 8 February 2019.
- You must be 18 and older to enter.
- The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
- Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
- The competition is open to Johannesburg residents only.
- The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
- The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
- Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
- Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
- When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles.