Planning on buying a house but not sure how to go about it? This guide will show you how to buy your dream home.
STEP 1: GET YOUR BUCKS IN A ROW
Make sure that you(r)
- credit score is healthy
- save for a deposit
- assess what you can afford
- budget for additional costs
- get home loan pre-qualification
STEP 2: HOMING IN ON YOUR NEW HOUSE
Here is a handy list of 12 things to keep in mind while house hunting.
Decide what you want to buy. This guide explains sectional title and freehold.
STEP 3: HOME LOAN KNOW-HOW
Info financial institutions need from you
The deposit and other costs
Banks require a deposit of between 10% and 30%, but you still need to budget for the other costs.
STEP 4: DOING THE DEAL
Before you decide to put in an offer to purchase (OTP) on a home, you need to be very sure that you want the property. A signed OTP is a legally binding contract.
- Is the home’s price in line with similar properties in the area?
- How many other properties in the area are for sale?
- Why is the owner selling?
- How long has the property been on the market?
- How much work does the property need and how much will it cost?
STEP 5: THE LEGAL ASPECTS
Most of the documentation will be handled by attorneys, but it is still necessary for you to understand what you are signing, so be sure to ask questions.
Welcome to your new home!
STEP 6: MOVING TIPS
- Get rid of everything you don’t want through selling or donating items.
- Book a (reputable) moving service well in advance
- Remember to mark your boxes so you know what goes where!
- Pack and unpack only one room at a time.
- Clean your new home before you move in
HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT
The Private Property app is here to help! Just download the app from your app store and you can: receive listings instantly through your personalised feed and find your next home quickly and painlessly. Whether you are a first-time buyer or experienced investor – this is just the app for you.
Private Property a home for Everyone