Make Valentine’s day special with these effortless and easy recipes
BY Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Photography by: Andria Caldwell
Easy Lemon Tart
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
• 1X roll short crust pastry
• 2 cups cream cheese
• 1 cup lemon curd
• ½ cup castor sugar
• 1 tablespoon lemon zest
• Crushed pistachio nuts, for serving
• Coulis, for serving
• Fresh raspberries, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Roll out pastry onto floured surface. Cut out a small disc with cookie cutter. Fit the pastry discs into lightly greased muffin pan.
3. Bake for 10–12 minutes until light golden. Let it cool.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl. Whisk cream cheese until smooth.
5. Add lemon curd, condensed milk and lemon zest.
6. Spoon the cream cheese mixture into tart.
7. Sprinkle pistachio nut and drizzle coulis over.
8. Serve with fresh raspberries.
Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt
Prep time: 10 minutes
• 1 cup fresh strawberries, mashed
• 2 cups (500ml) double cream yoghurt
• ½ cup (125ml) condensed milk
• 2 tablespoons canned ginger, chopped
• Shortbread biscuits, for serving
1. In a large bowl, mix strawberries, condensed milk and ginger.
2. Stir in yoghurt. Mix well and freeze until soft peak.
3. Remove from the freezer about 10-15 mins before you want to serve the frozen yogurt.
4. Serve with shortbread biscuits.