By: Dorah Sitole
Prep & Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups SPAR Super Maize Meal
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- 1 x 410g can SPAR Whole
- Kernel Sweetcorn, drained
- 3 tablespoons SPAR Butter
- 4 cups (1l) sour milk, to serve
- Bring water and salt to the boil. Add sweetcorn and butter, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add maize meal and stir using a large fork until crumbly but moist.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring frequently to ensure that the grains remain separate.
- Transfer into a serving bowl. Allow to cool completely and serve with sour milk.
TIPS TO STRETCH YOUR MEALS
- Soak samp and dry beans in water overnight to cut down on cooking time. This also saves gas or electricity.
- For a less expensive meat dish, substitute oxtail with stewing beef and cook for 1½ hours
Choose your favourite product from the five SPAR brand products and stand a chance to win a R1 000 SPAR shopping voucher. Enter here »