You can’t go wrong with this tried and tested tuna and potato bake recipe
By Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 x 170g canned tuna with brine, drained
- 4 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme, for serving
- Parmesan cheese shavings, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Layer potatoes, tuna, garlic, onions and bay leaf in a large baking dish.
- Pour milk over the layers and sprinkle with cheeses. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Serve with thyme and Parmesan cheese shavings.