Boom Shaka member, Theo Nhlengethwa recently payed us a visit to teach us how to make his favourite quick & easy, chicken in orange sauce.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
By: Ntwenhle Gcabashe
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless
- 1 cup (250ml) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon marmalade jam
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup can tomatoes
- Salt &pepper to taste
- Rice to serve
- Asparagus to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- In the oven dish, mix ingredients together. Bake for 35- 45 minutes or until meat is tender
- Serve with rice and asparagus.
After preparing the delicious meal for us, Theo chatted to us about his most loved winter meals and where he prefers to do his cooking.
1.What’s your favourite indulgence after a long day’s work?
A slice of moist carrot cake.
2. If you had to cook a nice meal in 30 minutes, what would you cook?
Vegetables and chicken stir fry. Very quick yet easy to cook.
3. What’s your regular comfort meal?
Oxtail and steam dumpling
4. Do you do the cooking at home?
Off course. Especially on weekends.