Try this delicious dessert, and also check out interesting Jungle Oats hacks.
Pear & cinnamon oat pudding
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
1 x 50g packet Jungle Oatso Easy Apple & Cinnamon
4 pears, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup + 2Tbs butter softened
1/2 cup + 1Tbs Castor Sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a rectangular oven dish.
- Toss together pears and cinnamon. Place into oven dish.
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time; beating well after each.
- Pour in vanilla extract and mix.
- Add flour, Jungle Oatso Easy and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon batter onto pears and bake for about 25–30 minutes or until the batter is cooked through and golden.
- Serve with warm custard.
Jungle Oats healthy benefits:
- They are high in soluble fibre that lowers cholesterol. And, consuming oats while maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle assists with the prevention of heart disease.
- Oats are low in GI and provide long-lasting energy.
Jungle Oats hacks:
- Add a tablespoon of Jungle Oats to your morning shake to get fuller for longer.
- Add an egg over easy to your cooked Jungle Oats to get your protein and carb mix.
- For a mid-afternoon pick-me-up, make Jungle Oats balls; they will provide you with energy throughout the day.
- Add berries and honey to your kids’ Jungle Oats for a sweeter kick.
- Visit the Jungle Oats website to get more yummy recipes.