Sweet and Sour Pork is arguably the most well-known Chinese recipe in the world.
SWEET AND SOUR PORK
- ½ cup (125ml) oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2kg, pork, cubed
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) soya sauce
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 cups canned pineapple, drained and cut into pieces
- 2 large red peppers, cubed
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the ginger, fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pork meat, fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sauces, pineapple, peppers and onions. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes
- Season well and serve warm with rice
Calories: 682 Fat: 45 Carbohydrates: 16 Protein: 50