There’s so much that you can do with onions. Try this stuffed onions recipe! Great as a starter or for breakfast
- 5 onions, peeled and halved
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup bacon, chopped
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- ½ cup almond nuts, chopped
- 2 slices brown bread, crumbled
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200?C.
- Carefully, remove the inner layer of each onion half.
- In a bowl, mix the margarine, bacon, peppers, almonds and bread crumbs. Season well.
- Spoon the mixture into onion halves. Place the stuffed onions onto baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.