Try something new with this delicious raisin chicken stuffing. By Ntwenhle Gcabashe Pictures Dylan Swart
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Whole chicken
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped and cooked
- 1 cup white breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup butter, softened
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Pomegranate seeds, for serving
- Fresh rosemary, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place chicken onto an oven tray.
- In a bowl, mix raisins, onion, bacon, mushrooms, breadcrumbs and eggs.
4. Stuff into chicken cavity. Spread butter around skin. Roast for 1 hour 15 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Serve with lemon wedges, pomegranate seeds and rosemary.