This Mother’s Day, celebrate the most important woman in your life with these simple yet tasty dishes from SPAR. Plus stand a chance to WIN a R1 000 SPAR voucher!
Hash potatoes with tomato and egg
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 x 410g can SPAR Whole Peeled Tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Large SPAR Eggs
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) SPAR Sunflower Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 SPAR Chicken Bangers Chakalaka Flavoured, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed frying pan. Add potatoes and onion. Cook for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Add sausages and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a wooden spoon, make 4 evenly spaced wells in the mixture and crack an egg into each.
- Reduce heat and cover pan with a lid. Cook until egg whites are set. Serve with crusty bread.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 roll SPAR Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry, thawed
- 1 x 400g can SPAR Pineapple Pieces, for serving
- 6 sliced strawberries, for serving
- 4 tablespoons SPAR Golden Syrup, for serving
- 2 cups SPAR Vanilla Flavoured Custard
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) cold water
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) SPAR Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup SPAR Full Cream Condensed Milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease 6 loose-based tartlet pans.
- Roll out pastry and cut into circles that fit into the pans. Press into pans and weigh down with beans or rice. Bake for 10 minutes and set aside to cool down.
- Simmer custard in a small saucepan. Blend cornflour with water to form a paste. Add to custard and whisk over low heat until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir lemon juice into condensed milk. Fold into custard and set aside to cool down.
- Remove tartlets from pans and arrange on a platter or individual side plates.
- Fill pastry cases with custard. Top with pineapple pieces and strawberry slices, and drizzle with golden syrup. Serve immediately.
Stand a chance to WIN a R1 000 SPAR voucher. To enter, fill out the form below and answer the question: Which of these SPAR products are your favourite?
THIS COMPETITION IS CLOSED.
1. Competition closes on the 31st of May 2018.
2. There is a limit of five entries per user.
3. No under 18s are allowed to enter.
4. The overall winners will be chosen in a random draw and will be notified by email.
5. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Winners will be disqualified if they are unable to provide us with all requested information, including an ID number.
7. Entry information will not be shared with any third party without the entrant’s prior knowledge and consent.
8. The competition is open to South African residents only.
9. The competition is not open to employees of Caxton and their immediate families, the prize sponsors or their respective advertising agencies and PR companies.
10. The prize(s) will go to the first name(s) selected at random after the closing date.
11. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s).
12. Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
13. Unclaimed prizes will not be resent. Caxton Magazines reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
14. When the same competition is offered across different titles in Caxton Magazines’ stable during the same month, an individual may enter the competition through more than one magazine, but will only be awarded one prize should the individual be selected through the random draw as a winner for the same competition across more than one of Caxton Magazines’ titles.
SPAR Chicken Bangers Chakalaka Flavoured
These have a typical South African flavour. They are fully cooked, frozen and individually packed. Just defrost, reheat and enjoy!.
SPAR Canned Pineapple Pieces
These golden delicious pineapple pieces are a great addition to almost any dish. All you have to do is open and indulge.
SPAR Vanilla Flavoured Custard
With a smooth and creamy texture, this delightful custard is the perfect accompaniment for your favourite pudding. Serves hot or cold, this delicious treat can also be enjoyed on its own. It contains no preservatives, has natural colourants and is MSG-free. It is available in 500ml and 1ℓ.
SPAR Full Cream Condensed Milk
This can be used in several dessert dishes or enjoyed on its own. If not opened, it stays for years without the need for refrigeration.
SPAR Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry
A convenient ready-to-use product, this pastry is available at a competitive price. Crisp, crumbly and light-frozen, it is ideal for any dessert or savoury dish!