Quick tip for this meal. Rinse the beans with cold water before using, then soak them overnight. In a saucepan, boil the beans for 2-3 hours or until soft
SPICY RICE AND BEANS
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 fresh chillies, chopped
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 4-5 cups sugar beans, cooked
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 7-8 cups basmati rice, cooked
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil.
- Add the onions, fry until soft. Add ginger, chilies, cumin, turmeric, beans and cinnamon stick.
- Add rice and bay leaves. Cook for further 2-3 minutes.
- Season well and serve.