Are you ready for the hot days ahead? Imagine the smell of sunscreen, fresh pool water or the feeling of sand between your toes. Thembelihle Lephoko from Clere Radiance says everyone battles with winter-body shyness. But, there are a few tricks you can do to get your skin ready for spring. The following tips will leave you feeling excited to wear your favourite dress:
1. Hydrate from the inside – Drinking water has many benefits to your body. This is because it is the best natural detoxifier. It flushes out impurities and moisturises the skin from the inside, giving you a radiant glow.
SEE ALSO: 7 natural remedies for dry skin
2. Exfoliate your body – In winter, dry dead skin cells build up on your body. So, exfoliating it is the best way to get that spring glow. Make a home-made sugar scrub your weekly treat. Mix a pinch of brown sugar with the Clere Radiance body oil, and gently exfoliate your body twice a week.
3. Moisturise – Now that you have exfoliated and removed the surface of the epidermis, which was acting as a barrier and stopping your moisturiser from penetrating, your skin is ready to absorb a body lotion. This helps to hydrate, nourish and plump it up.
SEE ALSO: How to transition your skincare routine
4. Get moving – Exercising increases blood flow, oxygen and nutrients to the body. It also removes wastes and toxins. Sweating will rid your body of any toxins, which is a great added health benefit. It increases your endorphins, makes you stronger and fitter, and helps you to learn to love your body.
5. Sunscreen – A little vitamin D always brightens up your mood. But, it is important to limit your exposure as it can be harmful to your skin. Always protect your body from the sun by using an SPF during all seasons. Your body will thank you in 20 years!
6. Eat clean – Taking the time to nourish your body with fruit and vegetables will make a huge difference to your skin. Opt for all the colours of the rainbow – green, red and yellow. The antioxidant benefits of fresh produce are tenfold. So, what are you waiting for?