Heritage day was this past weekend and everyone was decked out in their traditional gear. Here are a few of our favourite looks from local celebs in their outfits.
- Amanda Du-Pont embraced her Swazi culture in all its glory.
2. Johanna Mukoki wore her Tswana seshoeshoe in brown with an embroidery detail.
Happy heritage day my people ?. Today I’m channeling my #Tswana roots in celebration and remembrance of our late father Phillip Makgalemele.. A true gentleman and one who lived a joyous life.. He encouraged me a lot and told me that I can be anything that I set my mind on! A gift that has helped me to be fearless in life as I strive to be the best version of myself.. Halala tlou.. Orobale ka Gotso ???
3. Hulisani Ravele was glowing in her TshiVenda minwenda attire.
4. Basetsana Khumalo went for a bold print in her yellow number.
5. Hlubi Mboya stunned in a traditional Xhosa ensemble and her husband in his Scottish outfit.
@acerafrica @acer “A dynamism in culture is enriched and valued through multicultural and cross cultural experiences.” – @HlubiMboyaArnold #HeritageDay https://t.co/Ia1IWEtPJF “We are who we are as a result of daily experiences with people from different cultural backgrounds.” – @HlubiMboyaArnold #HeritageDay
6. Terry Pheto looked amazing in traditional Xhosa attire channeling the remarkable Winnie Madikizela-Mandela.
7. Zikhona Sodlaka mixed her Swazi gear with a traditional Zulu women’s hat.
8. Omuhle Gela wore a traditional Xhosa skirt, a stunning headwrap and sexy sheer top.
10. Mbali Nkosi chose a bold print halter neck dress.
11. Lorna Maseko dazzled in a white vest paired with a bright tribal print skirt and necklace.