Heritage day was this past weekend and everyone was decked out in their traditional gear. Here are a few of our favourite looks from local celebs in their outfits.
- Amanda Du-Pont embraced her Swazi culture in all its glory.
2. Johanna Mukoki wore her Tswana seshoeshoe in brown with an embroidery detail.
Happy heritage day my people 😊. Today I’m channeling my #Tswana roots in celebration and remembrance of our late father Phillip Makgalemele.. A true gentleman and one who lived a joyous life.. He encouraged me a lot and told me that I can be anything that I set my mind on! A gift that has helped me to be fearless in life as I strive to be the best version of myself.. Halala tlou.. Orobale ka Gotso 😇🙏🏽
3. Hulisani Ravele was glowing in her TshiVenda minwenda attire.
4. Basetsana Khumalo went for a bold print in her yellow number.
5. Hlubi Mboya stunned in a traditional Xhosa ensemble and her husband in his Scottish outfit.
@acerafrica @acer “A dynamism in culture is enriched and valued through multicultural and cross cultural experiences.” – @HlubiMboyaArnold #HeritageDay https://t.co/Ia1IWEtPJF “We are who we are as a result of daily experiences with people from different cultural backgrounds.” – @HlubiMboyaArnold #HeritageDay
6. Terry Pheto looked amazing in traditional Xhosa attire channeling the remarkable Winnie Madikizela-Mandela.
7. Zikhona Sodlaka mixed her Swazi gear with a traditional Zulu women’s hat.
8. Omuhle Gela wore a traditional Xhosa skirt, a stunning headwrap and sexy sheer top.
10. Mbali Nkosi chose a bold print halter neck dress.
11. Lorna Maseko dazzled in a white vest paired with a bright tribal print skirt and necklace.