It’s hard to beat the taste of a Scotch egg. And with this technique, you can get it right in your home, every time! By Ntwenhle Gcabashe Pictures Dylan Swart
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 6 soft-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1kg pork sausages
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Pinch paprika
- 1 tablespoon cake flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Oil, for frying
- Mustard, for serving
- Micro leaves, for serving
SEE ALSO: Tasty Vegetable & Eggs
1. Remove casing from pork sausages. Mix sausage meat, coriander, garlic and paprika in a bowl.
2. Dust eggs with flour. Add layer of sausage mix around eggs, and dip into beaten egg.
SEE ALSO: Quick and tasty breakfast ideas
3. Roll in breadcrumbs, coating evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry for 4–8 minutes or until golden. Serve mustard and micro leaves.
SEE ALSO: Curried vegetarian shakshuka