Whether you’re entertaining guests at home or feel like munching on something with the family, these snacks are easy to whip up. By Ntwenhle Gcabashe Pictures by Hema Patel
Savoury minced wheels
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups minced meat, cooked
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Avocado, for serving
- Chopped fresh coriander, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- In a bowl, mix minced meat, tomato, onion, chilli, parsley and the Cheddar cheese.
- Roll out the pastry, and spread the meat mixture over the top.
- Tightly roll to form sausage shapes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into wheels and place in a lightly greased baking tray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes or until lightly golden.