Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Royal wedding is upon us! The wedding will take place on the 19th of May 2018 at St George’s Chapel, Windsor. The couple began dating in 2016 and announced their engagement in November. The couple has chosen to renounce a few traditions such as:
- choosing to wed on a Saturday as opposed to a weekday
- the cake will be a lemon and elderflower cake rather than the traditional fruit cake
- excluding political figures on their guest list
- Meghan will make a speech at the wedding which has been previously done by men, including the father of the bride and the best man
- the wedding will be more intimate at St George’s Chapel which seats less than 800 people
We can’t wait to watch it!
Alexi is a well-known portrait photographer, and photographed Prince Harry and Ms. Markle last year at Frogmore House, Windsor, to mark the news of their engagement. pic.twitter.com/p42g8QRjmY
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) April 13, 2018
The wedding will be screened across the world and here in South Africa here’s a list of where you can watch it:
ITV Choice (DStv 123) – live broadcast starting at 10:25 utnil 16:00.
BBC Lifestyle (DStv 174) and BBC World News (Dstv 400)
BBC Lifestyle – live broadcast from 10.15 and ending at approximately 15:30.
Channel 24 – live coverage on their website both ahead of the royal wedding and afterwards.
E! (DStv 124) – Live From the Royal Wedding – Saturday, 19 May at 11:00 on E!