Trends come and go. But with fashion, things always get recycled and reinvented to fit into what’s current. The 80s and 90s favourites have crept back into the spotlight.
Here’s how to work the best styles from the past into your wardrobe.
1. Biker shorts. These have made a comeback since being spotted on international celebs such as Kim Kardashian, Beyoncé and Nicki Minaj. Normally worn for cycling or as active wear, biker shorts are fast becoming part of everyday attire. Go casual by pairing them with an oversized sweater and sneakers or glam them up with ankle strap heels or sock boots.
2. Waist bag. Whether slung over the shoulder or strapped around the waist, moon bags are having a huge fashion moment. Not only are they trendy, but they are also conveniently sized to keep your minimum essentials safe when on the go.
3. Denim on denim. Ripped jeans are still super edgy. They bring about a laid back cool to any outfit. Rock them with your favourite tee and add a denim jacket for a fierce look.
4. Pant suit. A colour pop suit is bold, statement making and effortlessly chic. For a daytime vibe that’s still office-appropriate, wear it with a simple vest underneath. When the night falls, ditch the vest and opt for a sexy lace bralet and fabulous heels.
5. Athleisure brands. Brands such as FILA and Kappa are back with a bang. Whether it is a full tracksuit or mixing and matching different items in one look, the sporty aesthetic is here to stay.
6. The chunky sneaker. These are for the risk takers. Known as the ugly or dad sneaker, these shoes have been spotted on bloggers, celebs and trend forecasters across the globe. They are comfortable on the foot. Perfect for those days when you are on the go, you can wear them with anything.