By Ntwenhle Gcabashe Pictures: Dylan Swart
Try this scrumptious pumpkin and cheese tart for something a little different for dinner
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups pumpkin, cubed and cooked
- 1 roll shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 cups goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped and cooked
- 4 tablespoons onion chutney
- Handful fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ cup (125ml) cream
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh rosemary, for serving
- Grilled lemon slices, for serving
- Cooked pumpkin, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°
- Roll out pastry and place onto a lightly greased baking tray. Brush with 1 egg and bake for 12–15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix pumpkin (reserve some for serving), cheeses, onion, chutney, thyme, cream cheese, cream and remaining Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread on pastry and bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Serve with rosemary, lemon slices and pumpkin.