By Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 butternut, thinly sliced
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 carrots, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) oil
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Spicy couscous, for serving
- Grilled chicken, for serving
- Handful fresh pomegranate seeds, for serving
- Fresh mixed leaves, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Mix vegetables in a bowl. Drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer into a roasting tray. Roast for 35–45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with couscous, grilled chicken, pomegranate seeds and mixed leaves.