Got no time? Whip something delicious up with this cheesy linguine recipe by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups linguine, cooked
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup (125ml) lager
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cake flour
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- 1½ cups (375ml) cream
- Green olives, for serving
- Heat butter in a large saucepan and fry spring onion.
- Add flour and paprika, and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Slowly add beer and cream. Whisk to avoid lumps and cook for 4–5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add linguine and cheeses (reserve some Parmesan for serving). Season with pepper.
- Serve with green olives and Parmesan.