Potatoes are so versatile. Try something new with this delicious potato pie.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
What you need:
- 500g potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1X roll short pastry
- Egg to brush
- In a frying pan, add oil and seeds. Fry until fragrant.
- Add onions, ginger and garlic. Fry until soft.
- Add spice, potatoes, tomatoes and water. Cover with lid and let it simmer until potatoes are soft.
- Meanwhile, roll out pastry onto floury surface. Cut out small disc.
- Spoon the potato filling. Fold and seal edges. Press with folk.
- Brush with egg and bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden.