Seafood is a healthy easy -to- make source of protein. Impress with this prawn and coconut curry by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups prawns, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Handful fresh coriander, for garnishing
- Handful fresh curry leaves, for garnishing
- Heat oil and fry onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add prawns and curry paste. Cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, peas, fish sauce and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook for 12–15 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with lime wedges, coriander and curry leaves.