TIP for this recipe: You can use other tinned fish like sardines, pilchards or tuna.
POTATO FISH BALLS
- 3 cups tinned salmon, drained and mashed
- 5 large potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 5 large sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (250ml) oil, for frying.
- In a bowl, mix the fish, potatoes, coriander, paprika and seasonings. Form into small balls.
- Dip each ball into beaten eggs and dust with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry balls for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drain extra oil on a paper towel and serve immediately.
- Serve with a side salad or vegetables of your choice.