Who says that sandwiches can’t be exciting? Spice things up with this peri-peri prawn sandwich by Ntwenhle Gcabashe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups prawns
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon juice
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Low GI bread, for serving
SEE ALSO: Bunny chow
- Heat oil and fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add paprika, prawns, and cook for 3–5 minutes or until prawns are well coated.
- Add chilli sauce, tomato paste, stock, lemon juice and parsley. Cook for 12–15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Low GI bread.