Make this pea and ham pie today!
Pea & Ham pie
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups ham, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups (500ml) white sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a frying pan, melt the margarine. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the peas, ham and carrots. Finish with white sauce and seasoning.
- Spoon the filling into an ovenproof dish.
- Roll out the pastry and lay it on top of the dish.
- Brush with the egg and bake for 45-50 minutes. Serve warm.