Did you know? Posset was originally a creamy drink used in the Middle Ages as a remedy for colds and flu. Today, however, it is a delicious, quick and tasty cream pudding.
Orange and lemon Posset
- 4 cups (1L) double cream
- 1 cup (250ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250ml) orange juice
- 1 cup castor sugar.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in both juices and sugar.
- Pour the mixture into small cups or glasses.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours until set and serve.