Media mogul and philanthropist, Oprah Winfrey celebrates her 64th birthday today. She took to her social media to share snaps of her pre-birthday celebrations with her Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) team.
In celebration of the multi-billionaire talk show host and businesswoman, we share five interesting facts about her.
- Oprah was born on 29 January 1954 in the town of Kosciusko, Mississippi.
- Miss Winfrey has had her own talk show called the Oprah Winfrey Show, which aired for 25 seasons.
- That same year, Winfrey launched her own TV network, the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
- Oprah was the richest African American of the 20th century and the world’s only Black billionaire for three years running, according to Forbes magazine.
- In September 2002, Oprah was named the first recipient of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ Bob Hope Humanitarian Award.
Here are our favourite three most entertaining Oprah Winfrey moments:
- When Oprah calls out her best friend Gayle on her ashy elbows before hitting the Golden Globes red carpet.
2. Oprah’s almost Weight-Watchers approved birthday dinner for Gayle is everything!
3. Oprah’s favourite things are always on everybody’s wishlist. Thankfully, she’s turned it into a gift guide to accommodate everybody’s taste and budget.
Happy Birthday Oprah! May you have many more years of love, life and laughter.