TIP for this recipe: Any kind of nuts could be added for flavour and texture. Choose any flavour of jam for a slightly different taste.
Nutty Rice Pudding With Jam
- 4 cups long grain rice
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 8 cups (2L) full cream milk
- 2 cups (500ml) double cream
- 1 cup cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) jam of your choice.
- In a saucepan, add the rice, sugar and milk. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the cream and allow the mixture to simmer until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the nuts and stir well.
- Serve immediately topped with jam.