By Keletso Modisakeng Pictures instagram, supplied
Now is the perfect time to chop and change your nails. Give them a makeover with the perfect manicure.
- Shape your nails: File your nails evenly so they all look the same before you apply your nail polish.
- Apply base colour: Apply two coats of your nail polish of choice as your base colour.
- Create patterns: Use a small brush or the rounded bottom of a bobby pin to create lines from the tip of the nail with a different colour.
- Make hearts: Using the same small brush, create hearts or flowers on the open spaces on the nail.
- Top coat: Apply a clear top coat over all your nails to help the designs last longer and to protect the nail polish from chipping.
Some of our favourite local girls show off their nails.
The warm days are here and so are Bonang’s famous pink nails and flash tattoo.
Pink is the colour of the season, and DJ Zinhle shows off hers and baby Kairo’s perfect pout.
Khanya shows us how to liven up your nails with glitter paint.
The TV presenter and rapper plays on the dark side with black nails and a touch of metallic 3D art.
Samkelo shows off her stunning white stiletto nails finished off with some 3D art.
Up your nail game in 4 easy steps